Market development Mission, Singapore and Malaysia
In-Sec-M, Canada’s cybersecurity cluster, in collaboration with the High Commission of Canada in Singapore and the High Commission of Canada in Malaysia and the Quebec office in Singapore, is organizing a market development mission in the cybersecurity sector that will visit Singapore and Malaysia from November 5 to 9, 2023.
From a cybersecurity perspective, Singaporean and Malaysian authorities are eager for cutting-edge technology that can secure their governmental, commercial, and financial infrastructures, especially in an environment where competition and ambitions of the neighboring major power make the issue even more urgent and crucial.
On the agenda:
- B2B matchmaking opportunities
- Numerous networking opportunities
- Group meetings and visits
Location : Singapore and Malaysia
Dates : From November 5 to 9, 2023
Duration : 5 days
REGISTRATION DEADLINE : September 30, 2023
Singapore, besides being one of the strongholds of global finance and one of the places where high technology has been most integrated into daily life, is one of the main gateways to the vast Asia-Pacific market. This mission will begin with a stop in Malaysia where our partners are delighted to welcome one of the first Canadian delegations to visit for a trade mission.
This mission aims to introduce local cybersecurity ecosystem leaders and representatives to Canadian expertise to develop strategic partnerships with local entities. It also seeks to make these Singaporean and Malaysian leaders and representatives aware of some of the most export-potential Canadian SMEs in Singapore and Malaysia, and more broadly in Asia-Pacific, to establish partnerships with end customers/distributors, either through direct sales, via distributors, or by establishing strategic partnerships with local companies.
By positioning Canada as a business and research partner, this mission will also help showcase the cutting-edge expertise of Canadian cybersecurity players and introduce these same executives and representatives to some of the Canadian companies with the greatest export potential Singapore and Malaysia, either through direct sales, through distributors or by establishing strategic partnerships with local companies.
Sunday, November 5, 2023 (MALAYSIA)
- Travel from Singapore to Johor.
- Group dinner in the evening
Monday, November 6, 2023 (MALAYSIA)
- Beginning of mission activity
- Presentations by key stakeholders in Johor
- High Commission of Canada to Malaysia
- Cybersecurity Malaysia
- Iskandar Regional Development Authority
- MSC Cyberport
Tuesday, November 7, 2023 (SINGAPORE)
- Market Briefing by Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
- Industry Briefing by local industry players, government and associations
- B2B networking with pre-qualified contacts
Wednesday, November 8, 2023 (SINGAPORE)
- Pitching Session by Canadian participants to targeted local organizations
- Site visits of relevant organizations
- Cocktails and/or Networking activity with representatives of the local ecosystem.
Thursday, November 9, 2023 (SINGAPORE)
- End of Mission
- Participants who wish can extend their stay for personalized meetings with potential partners
Packages and rates
In-Sec-M may, due to circumstances beyond its control, modify the services included in the proposed packages.
Airfare, transportation, accommodation and meals, apart from the group meals mentioned in the program, are not included in these packages. Each participant is responsible for making his or her own flight and transportation reservations, for which suggestions will be sent to you. Participants are also responsible for making their own hotel reservations, for which suggestions can be made if necessary.
Rate per participant: $400 plus taxes (non-refundable)
Rate per additional participant from the same organization: $325 plus taxes (non-refundable)
Rate per participant: $500 plus taxes (non-refundable)
Rate per additional participant from the same organization: $425 plus taxes (non-refundable)
This package includes the following services:
- privileged access to the major organizations present, thanks to collaboration with the High Commission of Canada in Singapore and the High Commission of Canada in Malaysia and In-Sec-M’s government partners;
- group meetings with representatives of the Malaysian and Singaporean cybersecurity ecosystems,
- group meals at Johor (mentioned in the preliminary program);
- some on-site group transportation;
- logistical and technical support for travel and accommodation;
- mission notebook and participant directory;
- support throughout the mission by the In-Sec-M team;
- support in organizing personalized meetings
- Be a Canadian company, educational institution, research centre or organization operating in the cybersecurity or related sector.
- Want to do business abroad or want to collaborate with foreign players to carry out collaborative projects and establish innovative partnerships with them.
In order to obtain financial support for their trip, companies and research organizations can check their eligibility for the following programs:
- The Offices jeunesse internationaux du Québec (Young Entrepreneurs component)
- International contractor, Mitacs;
- CanExport Innovation.
- Alberta Export Expansion Program
- Funding for Indigenous businesses
Other provincial and municipal programs are also available; we invite you to contact the local representatives in each of your regions for more details.
Registration and information
As the number of places is limited, they will be allocated on a first come, first-served basis.
Registration deadline: September 30, at 5:00 p.m
To register for the mission or for more information, contact:
This mission plan is subject to change and requires a sufficient number of participants.