Since its creation, In-Sec-M has initiated and supported the implementation of numerous initiatives to foster the development of the Canadian cybersecurity industry:
- Development of the Quebec Cybersecurity Innovation Program: In-Sec-M has supported and actively participated in the design of the Quebec Cybersecurity Innovation Program administered by Prompt. It is currently actively collaborating in this program by supporting cybersecurity innovation project leaders.
- Establishment of the Ottawa-Gatineau Cybersecurity Cluster: In-Sec-M is a founding member of the Ottawa-Gatineau Cybersecurity Cluster with Invest Ottawa, Canada’s leading economic development organization. the City of Gatineau and ID Gatineau. This initiative led to the development of a marketing strategy aimed at attracting new businesses, new investments, new talent and new cybersecurity business opportunities to Canada’s Capital Region. The initiative has created a new website (www.ottawagatineaucybergrappe.ca) which contains a directory of cybersecurity resources, businesses, post-secondary institutions, government agencies, government departments and other organizations. equipped with both cybersecurity capabilities and skills.
- Creation of CyberQuébec.org: In-Sec-M actively supported the creation and implementation of CyberQuébec.org, the new college technology transfer center (CCTT) in cybersecurity at Cégep de l’Outaouais.
- Consultation on the new Cyber Security Procurement Vehicle (CSPV)
- Organization of several cybersecurity events including the first Cybersecurity Forum held in Gatineau in October 2018.
- Direct assignment of more than FIFTY various cybersecurity mandates to our members across the country.
- Participated in numerous international market development initiatives.